Halloween can’t happen without first Caramel Apples. Add a little S’mores Style, to the mix and we’re talkin’!
Caramel Apples bring us back to our childhood days… S’mores also bring us back to our childhood days…
Put them together and we’ve got a little childhood overload. But it’s okay… because we’re making these for Halloween, and Halloween is a little bit of childhood overload… so what’s one more…
These caramel apples are made from a homemade caramel sauce, NOT melted caramels from the store. I strongly suggest (as always) making the caramel from scratch because a) it’s super easy and quick, and b) you probably already have all the ingredients in your kitchen!
- 230 g butter
- 400 g brown sugar
- 328 g corn syrup
- 283 g cream
- about 8 apples
- toppings: graham cracker crumbs, chocolate shavings, and mini marshmallows
- Start by preparing the apples and the work station.
- Washthe apples completely to remove and wax and/or dirt. Dry.
- Set the apples on the counter and stick the wooden spoons (or lollipop sticks) into the apples so they stand up straight.
- Prepare the dipping station by setting down a piece or two of baking paper and greasing the paper.
- Lay out all toppings in bowls for easy reach.
- Measure the butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, and cream into a pot.
- Bring to a boil and cook until the temperature reaches 120 Celsius or 248 Fahrenheit.
- Remove from heat.
- Dip the apples in the caramel, coating the entire entire apple.
- Decorate the apples immediatly with the toppings because the caramel will set fast.